Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pizza Belly

I actually managed to ride after all. It just required my practicing extreme restraint at the pizza buffet and keeping my consumption level at a place that would allow me to ride without feeling like I was going to throw up in my mouth. That is actually a pretty big accomplishment, as I tend to go way overboard in all-you-can-eat situations. We got back in time for me to sneak in two hours before dark and I'm still kind of on track for my goal this week.

When I was riding in the sunny warm weather on Sunday I was wondering wishing I'd brought my bike on a trip home sooner. It's a great training camp enviroment because of the utter lack of distraction. However, today I've discovered that it's not going to be quite as smooth of sailing as I had originally thought.

Tomorrow is still up in the air because my mom wants me to go to work with her, but I still haven't got a straight answer as to what time we will be back. I'm trying not to stress about it too much, as today worked out fine, but I'm just so happy with the work that I'm doing while I'm here that I don't want to mess up my streak.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's awesome that your training is going well while on vacation! I believe in you that you won't mess up your streak. It took me a while at first to always do my training, but once I finally did for a few weeks straight now it's not a problem anymore.... so it could carry over even when you go back to Indiana.

I heard it takes 21 days to develop a habit/routine, so if you can do your training as planned for that long, you can do it forever!!