Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Want It Wednesday: Rapha Winter Collar

I said that I might have to start participating in Want It Wednesday again to bump up content over the winter. Even though I have now decided to go ahead and assault your sensibilities with weekly "I trained" posts, I figure I might as well still throw some wants out to the universe. (Not counting: I want winter to be over. I want to race again. I want to be able to ride gravel roads really fast and not embarrass my teammates. I want Sunday to actually be the nicer weather day of a weekend for once.)  


In the area of purchasable cycling accessories, I decided to buy myself a little present to take the sting out of all of those other non-purchasable wants. As I got ready for my 20-something degree Monday ride, I decided that a neck gaiter was in order. I pulled on the one that I have, which is this weird Pearl Izumi convertible hat/neck gaiter thing that I don't really like, headed out the door, and decided that it was time for an upgrade. So yesterday I ordered myself something more pink, pretty, and merino wooly: the Rapha Winter Collar. It hasn't arrived yet, but it should be here in time for the weekend when the temperature drops from 49 on Saturday to 29 on Sunday. Hopefully it will take some of the sting out of both the 29-degree temperature and the knowledge that I still have to get through a few more weeks of this before spring.

Pink things and whining: they always help.

2 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Ah you and your pink things...

I use a buff with a fleece sections and just love its warmth. Now I just need gloves that work just as well.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I saw someone wearing one of these last weekend and immediately wanted it - I like their color selection, too!