Sunday, August 3, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

So "summer vacation" in grown-up world means unexpectedly taking off a Thursday and Friday from work because I'm about to lose my mind. However, it is Sunday night and despite the usual dread of going back to work tomorrow, my sanity it intact, as promised. So what have I done for the last four days?

Well, most importantly, I finished all the work for my class a week early. No more school for me!!!

Secondly, I returned to training and celebrated with a the purchase of a power meter. However, I haven't got much use out of said power meter yet, because the installation and debugging of both the unit and the software turned out to be more difficult than planned. I had it working tenuously at best on Friday night and I came to the decision that I needed to postpone my field test until I got all of the kinks worked out. I just couldn't bring myself to pedal my guts out for 20 minutes, unless I was 99% sure I'd have usable results to deliver to Coach Dave when I was done. So Saturday morning I went out just played to make sure everything was working. I think I've got it figured out now.

Today my friend Chrysa and I pre-rode the course for the Logansport DINO race. We didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped, because the trail system is kind of a mish mesh and it took me forever to find the correct route. Basically, we rode for nearly two hours trying to find our way through a 25-minute lap. It was fun though, since we haven't got to hang out for quite a while since she's been injured and I've been hiding out in my basement doing homework.

So now my vacation's over and I have to take a shower and drag my tired body to bed. I wish it could last longer, but if I had more time I probably would have just procrastinated more. It's the way it goes. At least I more or less got everything I needed to do done.

No comments: