Friday, February 8, 2008

I Don't Care What the Groundhog Says


Yesterday I decided that winter was over. I've been working on that decision for a while.
I was extremely proud of myself a couple of weeks ago when I did the 90-minute tempo workout on the rollers, but I've completely failed to replicated it since. The fact that this workout fills me with a complete dread of Thursdays has brought me to the conclusion that it's not worth forcing myself to do. And yesterday I didn't. Of course, I can't make a habit of that, so I've decided with only four more weeks left before daylight savings time, that I'm just going to do what I have to do to go ahead and transition to full-time outdoor riding. This will probably mean leaving work an hour early a couple of days a week, but honestly I have so little to do this time of year anyway, the powers that be would probably prefer I knock off early and burn some of my vacation hours as opposed to sitting here and earning more time off while I blog.
If only I could declare winter over weather-wise as well, but I think even Punxsutawney Phil has more authority than I do in that area.

No comments: