Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let's Make A Deal


While I was waiting for the outcome of my recent job interview, I couldn't help but think of what I would do with the significant raise that would accompany my impending success (insert bitter pause here). Anyway, it was right after my "One Green Square" post and I made a deal with myself that if I got the job and could put 100 green squares together, I'd let myself buy a power meter. It was very motivating at the time and very un-motivating when the key part of the deal fell through. So I'm been re-negotiating with myself ever since.

The deal seemed to work, but I don't have the guaranteed future income to back it up, so I'm going over my options:
1) Insert a less-expensive, but also less useful object (like a Giro Atmos)
2) Suck it up and find a way to pay for the power meter (suck what up where?)
3) Focus my attention and dollars on racing more, since a bad day of racing beats a good day of training
4) Accept that I can't buy talent (or motivation) and couldn't afford it, even it were possible

So I'm putting it out there for YOU to decide (see the poll at right).


No comments: