Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Great Flood





This was the view from my office window yesterday afternoon. I couldn't get a picture of the Mustang mostly submerged in the middle of the street. Luckily, I parked in a garage two blocks away, but a lot of my co-worker's cars were flooded.

~~

The storms didn't interfere with my training too much last night, since I was assigned one hour "so easy a 5-year-old could stay on my wheel". So that was easy enough to do on the trainer. Tonight is my "last hard workout before the Lumberjack", but it's just short max effort intervals, so more annoying than hard. Tuesday was supposed to be my last kick my-butt-and-make-me-cry workout, but the rain killed that. Now it's just cross my fingers time.

~~

So I just officially found out I didn't get the job. Luckily, I got through the bulk of the devastation over on Tuesday, when I just had a bad feeling. So other than a little, "What's a girl gotta do to get a freakin' break?" whining to myself, I'm already mostly over it. Three years of rejection have taught me a thing or two.

I already went and bought my "rejection lottery ticket", which I do everytime something crappy happens. I figure karma's got to work out somehow. My father-in-law and I had a debate last weekend regarding Powerball versus Hoosier Lottery. He likes to play "better" odds while I just go for the big money.

No comments: