Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dark Mood


This what the sky looked like at 2:30 this afternoon. The picture is actually brighter than it looked in real life. We've been pounded by thunderstorms and heavy rain all day, which has put an end to any hopes of doing 3 hour mountain bike workout tonight. Of course, it just got sunny a little while ago now that Coach Dave has sent me a crazy hard workout for the trainer instead.

Unfortunately, my mood has not been getting sunnier. I few days ago I mentioned that I was feeling too good, which basically meant I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. I guess crappy weather ruins everyone's mood, but I'm feeling especially down today. I was supposed to hear something about the job I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago during the first week of June. I realize that the first week of June isn't even half over, but the sick-to-my-stomach nervousness kicked at 6:00 a.m. yesterday. Waiting is the hardest part.

So I kinda knew a few days ago I would be feeling really down again soon enough, but I was hoping I would find some answers on how to handle it before it did. Right now, I got nothin'. At least nothing within my control. I'm just going to try really hard to work through it without pushing myself too hard.

No comments: