Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Different Kind of Road Ride

This road took a ride instead of being part of one. What you're seeing is a ~2x4 foot slab the opposite side of the road washed onto the edge of the other lane.

Today marked the 13th mountain bike workout that I've had scheduled this season (not counting races) and the 8th that has either been straight up rained out or the trails have been way too muddy. I was supposed to help teach the beginner group at the Midwest Women's Moutain Bike Clinic today, but it was cancelled due to heavy thunderstorms and flash floods. The weather was okay in the afternoon, but I was relegated to the road once again.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Does that mean you've only got to touch dirt 5 times this year? Poor girl. Fly to Arkansas for a "training camp" and we'll take a whole week and ride. It's humid and HOT here-99f heat index today.

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

Looks like 7 with races, but yeah, not so good. I definitely plan to make more trips to Arkansas in the future, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it this summer.