Saturday, May 24, 2008

Easy Hard Day

Today marked the third green square in a row since my unplanned break from training. It was also my first "hard" day. Luckily, it was an easy one: 7 X 12 second sprints on a 3-5% hill. It was the kind of workout that's actually just plain fun at the time, but I will probably feel tomorrow. Actually, I feel it already. Tomorrow is a scheduled day off, and while I feel a little bad taking off a perfectly good Sunday, I know it's for the best. I can't load the legs up too much too soon, as they are kind of in shock from the return to training. Besides, I can get ahead on my homework so that I won't stress about it on the days when I do have scheduled workouts over the next couple of weeks. I still have Monday left to ride and play.

~~

So here's a philosophical question for everyone, although there seems to be a lot more dog people than cat people among my blog friends, so I may get my butt kicked on this one. Today I was watching Sixx chase her tail, but unlike most dogs, she was actually catching it. (The key is to go through the back legs not around the side.) So tell me, does the fact that she can catch her tail make her smarter than a dog or does the fact that she can catch her tail, but still continues to chase it some more make her less smart?

No comments: