Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Party Animal

So here's my New Year's Eve:

I worked from 8-5 since I didn't really have a good excuse not to and I'm sure I'll want to use my acquired time off for training or racing at some other point in the future. After work I stopped by the library rechecked a book I hadn't finished yet and went to Krazy Kroger to refill a prescription(you know what I mean; every town has a ghetto Kroger that's a little scary to go in). Then I came home and devoured the remaining mini-loaf of banana nut bread left from Christmas and a bag of chocolate-covered pecans as my day's attempt at sugar-detox blew up in my face.

Then I preceded to watch a major portion of Big Love: Season Two on DVD while I shelled the gigantic paper grocery bag of pecans that my mom sent home with me for Christmas. Around 10 p.m. the bread and pecans were semi-digested and I figured I better quite procrastinating and go do my leg workout. By the time I did my workout, got showered, and cleaned the litter box it was just about time to go sit in front of the TV with my husband and watch the ball drop at midnight. How exciting!

The problem with New Year's is that it is too darn close Christmas. I'm pretty over the whole holiday thing at that point and want to avoid any feasting or partying for a while.

New Year's day itself was a bit of a bust, too. I was looking forward to getting to ride outside on my day off, but when I got up it was snowing much harder than the flurries that had been predicted. I was disappointed, but at the same time I was feeling completely lazy and gross, so it was probably just as well. One has to really want it to go outside in 20 degrees, 20+ mph wind, and snow. I went out in the car later in the day and came to the conclusion that I made the right decision by staying indoors. I did to the interval portion of my prescribed workout on the trainer, but it was pretty half-hearted and left my 1:10 short of the prescribed saddle time.

I'm hoping the training and diet ennui wears off soon as my first "mini training camp" is next week. Since it's dark by the time I get off work in the winter and I have nearly 200 hours of paid time off racked up, I've decided to schedule two-day "training camps" during the second and third week of my January, Febuary, and March training cycles. I think this will really help bring up my training hours and will probably boost morale quite a bit, too.

No comments: