Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oh yeah...

I forgot to mention that I also came to the decision that the Lumberjack 100 is now going to be my first 100 miler instead of the Mohican. At the time I planned out my season, I chose the Mohican because it was the closest race in the NUE series and not in conflict with any of my DINO cross country races. It's since been moved up a week to the day before my "home" race at Brown County. Given that Indiana's female mountain biking talent is disapportionatley skewed towards the Bloomington area, that BCSP the state's main destination trail for non-Bloomingtonians, it's not any special kind of advantage.

Then a couple of days ago I was thinking about how my husband is transitioning into roadie world after eight years of mountain bike racing. The Brown County race is one of only two cross country races he's planning on doing this year. Even though the Mohican is the day before, making it back in time for him to race the next day was going to be a pain.

Then I realized that the Mohican and Lumberjack both conflicted with DINO races, but the Mohican conflicted with a race 30 minutes away and the Lumberjack conflicted with a race 4 hours away that I wasn't too keen on anyway. I checked to make sure that Adam didn't have a road race on June 14, as we only have one car, and low and behold, it was a free weekend for him. So I figured rather than go halfway to Michagan for a cross country race, go all the way to Michigan for a 100 miler and not have to miss the Brown County race.

Plus, the Lumberjack just looks more appealing to me for some reason. I guess I'll find out in June!

3 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

Excellent choice...you won't be disappointed! The course is really fun. Just make sure that you arrange lodging well in advance.

Unknown said...

I'll be there, too! We'll have a meet and greet!

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

Mallie - Yes, I'm pretty excited. After a year of blog-stalking endurance racers, I'll finally get to meet some of the people who's lives I read about in a few months.