Sunday, August 24, 2008

Extra Rest

I seems that last week's race took even more of a toll on me than I thought, as I'm still not recovered from it, despite a relative easy training week since. So after a long debate with myself, I decided to stay in bed this morning instead of getting up at 6:00 to do a long ride at Town Run. I need to be getting more long stuff in, but I also think that another butt-kicking effort in my unrecovered state would mostly just dig me into a hole. So I stayed home, slept until noon, and enjoyed crazy dreams about tornados and putting underwear on cats (because that would somehow protect them from the tornados).

I'm trying not to feel guilty since I think I made the best decision for my next couple of week's training. With things ramping up, I can afford to start tired and now, hopefully, I won't be.

No comments: