Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Still Remember How to Ride a Bike

I even remember how to do Sweet Spot Bursts. Well, sort of. It was interesting coming off of nine days of complete rest and doing a hard workout. Three times 10 minutes would normally be "kinda hard", but tonight was more like really hard. I haven't downloaded my file yet, but I think my numbers were acceptable but no where near personal best territory.

Since I was on my "mid-season break" last week, I decided to take a break from blogging. Sure, I could have regaled you with tales of awesomely bad TV and movies and of spectacular feats of junk food consumption, but I decided just to wait until there was more cycling stuff to talk about.

Not that my Sweet Spot Bursts are that interesting. You probably would have rather heard about "Urban Legend: Bloody Mary" and the Brownie Batter Blizzard/frozen pizza combo the Monday after the Lumberjack. That day was pretty much Mardi Gras Lindsay-style.

Anyway, the only real excitement for this week is the "DINO Mountain Bike Challenge" coming up this weekend. I believe that it was listed as a "must do" in the 2009 VeloNews Race and Ride guide, but I can't find that issue to confirm. Basically, there's a short track and downhill race on Saturday and a regular XC on Sunday. I've said that I was going to do the downhill the last two years and I've never actually got up the motivation/guts, but hopefully it will happen on Saturday. I think the key factor will be if it rains before then and how much. That course reminds me of the nursery rhyme about the little girl with the little curl in the middle of her forehead, because when it's good, it's very, very good, and when it's bad, it's horrid.

No comments: