Thursday, February 14, 2008

Belated Recipe of the Week

I was too busy with my tea tasting on Tuesday to post a recipe, but I figured better late than never. I don't think "Use 1 rounded tsp. per cup of water at 190-200 degrees. Steep 3-5 minutes" counts as a recipe. Although my coworker said my "Witch's Broom Puerh" that I tried yesterday smelled like something that you would put in beef stew. The website said it was bizarre, and it kind of is, but it's also my second-favorite out of the shipment. I'm actually just steeping up the last variety that I have tried yet, a disk of "Puerh Tuo Cha Green". We'll see how it turns out.

So anyway, that's that. Training has been very sporadic and not worth talking about lately. I'm hitting the winter-to-spring awkward transition phase early this year. Hopefully, I will be over it early, too, as it's 7 1/2 weeks until Ouachita. Now, without futher ado:

Crabby Cole Slaw Wraps

1 bag pre-shredded coleslaw mix (I actually use Mann's "Rainbow Salad" with brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red cabbage for a bigger nutritional punch.)
1 16 oz. package imitation crab
1 green bell pepper diced
1 apple of your choice diced
1/2 cup low-fat Miracle Whip or "mayonaise"
2 Tbsp. skim milk
1 Tbsp. vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
8 8-inch whole-grain tortillas

Mix crab and vegetables in a large bowl. Whisk together Miracle Whip, milk, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt in a seperate container and pour over vegetables and crab. Toss well. Add 1/2 cup mixture to each tortilla and enjoy. Makes 4 servings.

No comments: