Monday, April 22, 2013

Week #16: Moving Out

Last week I committed to keeping up with my weekly posts regardless of how ugly and uncomfortable things got, both to keep myself accountable and so that if anyone is worried, they'll know that I'm still on the face of the earth. I wasn't expecting to move into my own place so soon, but a really good opportunity came up last week, and I took it. So most everything in my life for the last seven days has revolved around setting up my new one-person, one-cat (although I'm getting a new kitten next week) household on the fly. Frankly, it has been sad and terrifying, but I've thought long and hard about this, and I really feel like it was what I needed to do.

I finished the move on Saturday and was able to go mountain biking yesterday, and it sort of made everything feel normal and okay again. So begins my new life. It's not going to be easy, but I have a lot of hope for my future.

Home for the next 15 months.

All my bikes in their new room.

3 comments:

eric said...

Good luck!! Looks like a nice place.

And I thought I had a lot of bikes! LOL Maybe my problem is not that bad.

Christopher Averett said...

Cute home. Plus you have a garage and an extra room for your bikes.

Unknown said...

Wow - I'm just catching up here - 2 things: 1) Jealous of your dedicated room for bikes, and 2) Oooh, look at all those pretty bikes!