Monday, January 7, 2013

Week #1

Okay, week 1 of 10 in my 2013 pre-season training is complete, and I'm not *quite* so restless as I was last week.  There's not a lot to say so far, except that all rides and weight sessions have been completed as planned, and I guess I just wanted to document that for self-congratulatory purposes. So please forgive me one boring, picture-less post meant for my own motivation.

I guess the highlight of the week was that I did travel to Indianapolis on Sunday for the first-ever Speedway Wheel(wo)men team ride.  Regardless of the time of year, it's pretty hard to find a weekend when none of us are racing, so we pretty much had to go on a frigid January day almost immediately after New Year's.  Janelle, Sarah, Kristen, Kristine, and I braved the cold, wind, and a few ice patches for a couple of hours around the city, which was interesting compared to the hilly rural roads that I'm used to. However, it was a lot of fun, and it was good to get to spend some time with my teammates.  (This is where I should have gotten pictures, but lobster gloves and photography don't go well together.)

As far a my New Year's resolutions go, I guess I'm doing okay so far, as I got in the team ride yesterday, and today I'm having lunch with an old co-worker that I haven't hung out with in a couple of years.  I'm not doing so well on the cultivating interests outside of cycling part, but maybe that's a little much to expect in one week.  I went so far as to browse for ideas, but frankly, I'm not that interested becoming a web developer, libertarian (at least not a serious activist one), polyamorist, or pagan.  I'm going to have to keep working on that one.

Well, that's about it.  I guess I'm going have to get back on the Want It Wednesday train again to bulk up content until racing season starts again.  I have been kicking around the idea of racing the women's singlespeed division of the Tri-State 6 Hour Series for the last couple of weeks since I heard that there would be one offered.  Of course, doing so would require the purchase of a singlespeed bike, which is definitely Want It Wednesday fodder, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to go there yet.


Trevor Woodford said...

Your motivation can be our motivation too Lindsay...


Jez Andrews said...

Oh've mentioned singlespeed. Youre not going to hear the end of it from me! Would make a fab WIW.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your training. Week 1 has just started for me :)

Lindsay Rodkey said...

Well, Jez, you'll be happy to know that Giant doesn't make a SS frame, so I'm going to have to be more creative this time.

Jez Andrews said...

You could just use a chain tensioner like I do? It isn't as neat but there is no adjustment needed for chain stretch and easier to get the wheel lined up. Liked to see what you choose :)