Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week #70: A Place of Our Own

Since it is already Wednesday, I'll just have to do a quick post. Things have been so busy with the conference, the move, and prepping for a big software upgrade at work. Luckily, Frank and I are fully moved into our new place, although we still have our work cut out as far as unpacking and putting things away goes.

Our first dinner in the new place.
Admittedly, we are still eating off the coffee table,  but we have a couch now.

As much as I wanted to tough it out, I broke down and took a vacation day on Tuesday, and gave myself an opportunity to "clip in" before a few long workdays for a upgrade. It gave me the chance to catch up on sleep, hit up the Tuesday farmer's markets, and get in a mountain bike ride, all of which were things that I was desperately needing to feel normal again. The rest of the week is still going to be tough, but now I feel like I'm better equipped to handle it. I will still have plenty of literal and figurative rocks to traverse this summer, but hopefully I'm now set up ride them out and not be forced to walk again (at least figuratively; Tussey will probably still force me to hike-a-bike in places for a while.)

Another day on Tussey

No comments: