Monday, July 1, 2013

Week #26: Run Down

I was feeling bad for having so little to tell this week, but still wanted to keep my check-in commitment, especially after delaying my race report until Thursday last week. Then I noticed something interesting when I wrote the title. Week #26. We have officially reach the halfway point of the year, even though this was initially supposed to be a 10-week project. After my crash a couple of weeks and my body-punishing but not-so-great 6 hour race at Versailles, I spent most of last week being kind of catatonic and useless. I've just been so tired all the time with headaches, body aches, and a sore throat. No actual sickness occurred, but "run down" has definitely been my state. The only training I managed this week was a very short, easy road ride on Sunday. 

Then I realized that I just reached the halfway point of the most intense, life-changing year of my life. I guess it's not surprising that I'm worn out. I just hope it doesn't last long, though, because I still have a lot I want to accomplish in the second half of this year, starting with showing a very special out-of-town guest the "flat, smooth Midwestern trails of Brown County" this weekend.



No comments: