Saturday, February 12, 2011

First Ride Back


About a week ago, I noticed that the pain in my abs was much improved, and that I could move pretty freely without feeling like I was going to tear something. Then the weather forecast called for weekend temperatures in the 40's and lots of sun. So it was time.

Today I rode my bike for the first time in nearly 11 weeks. Nothing too exciting, other than the fact that it happened. I went out for an hour and kept it pretty easy. Only a few minor aches in the abs here and there, but no big deal. The rest of my body felt weird being stretched into the unnatural position of riding a bike again, and it took me a few minutes to remind my legs how to turn in circles. It was good to be back, though.

I'm hoping to have my first Crossfit session on Tuesday, and guess at point my 2011 comeback will officially be rolling.

No comments: